Mercer Brunch @ Roppongi : Back for Uni Omelette

And so I went back to Mercer Brunch as Miss K. wanted to try the Uni Omelette, which is only available at the Roppongi outlet. Since I love uni and omelette too, I thought why not? 

The Uni & Scallop Omelette with Uni Cream sauce (1600yen) is found under the Homemade Bread Brunch Section, together with Lobster & Fresh Tomato Omelette with Lobster Cream Sauce (1600 yen). Eventually, we ordered both as the omelette serving was considerably small. Similar to omurice, the omelette is soft, semi-runny on the inside but rather salty. So that's when the bread comes into the picture. Just like the French Toast, the bread rolls were excellently fluffy and delicious for mopping up the sauces. But I can imagine myself having them alone with the butter. 

Ok, I almost forgot that the main star is the omelette. Both Uni and Lobster scream indulgence and it is hard to pick one if you ask me again. The Lobster Omelette tastes like lobster bisque with subtle sweetness from the tomatoes while the Uni Omelette has a more robust umami, slightly briny flavor typical of sea urchin. 

So take your pick and you will unlikely be disappointed 




Comments