承繼 Cheng Ji: Best Desserts in Taipei


I have not tried all the pastry shops in Taiwan. But I dare say I have found my best. Chengji started as an online brand and only took up a physical space recently that opened on Feb 23, 2023. You know how popular it is judging from its huge no. of IG followers. Best known for their cinnamon amman and -18 caramel cheesecake, Chengji currently does not have offer dine-in services and only carries a limited number of desserts in their shop daily. Best to preorder online for self collection as it is where you can get the most choices without fearing that they will be sold out. 

 
The signature Cinnamon Amman is a far cry from a typical NY style cinnamon bun.  It's an intricate construction of 300 croissant dough layers, interspersed evenly with layers of cinnamon brown sugar that's barely 1mm. It was fleetingly light, crunchy yet perfumed with pleasant whiffs of Sri Lankan cinnamon. True to say that even those who don't fancy cinnamon buns will like this. I regretted buying just one. I had the intense version which was stronger in cinnamon but not too much of a difference. 

The highlight was the chic desserts bar. The matcha, vanilla and pecan tart that I had each exhibited exemplary qualities, in fact all 3 were perfect. If you are extremely particular about your matcha desserts, I believe this will score high on your report card (let me know if it fails). The desserts bars aren't cheap but they are not the most expensive or overpriced pastry in town. 

Do make some time for these if you can. Trust me you won't regret. 

Chengji 承繼

地址:台北市松山區興安街222號

https://www.cheng-ji.com/

Comments