Iruca Tokyo: Another bib gourmand ramen in Tokyo


I'm not a ramen connoisseur and I usually find that ramen tastes more or less the same. Bib gourmand awarded Iruca Tokyo's signature Porcini Shoyu Ramen (1800 yen) is slightly different - it's a blend of various dashi (seafood, prawns, pork, chicken) -- creating that extra depth and umami.

The yuzu shio ramen (1200 yen) is much more straightforward - the broth is lighter, more refreshing thanks to yuzu but it came with more noodles?!?!. The accompanying meat is akin to Italian cold cut. Both bowls are salty (which ramen isn't?) but not an overkill. I think that's partly due to the noodles too.

U might have heard about the scary long queue - mostly foreigners. But it's ok if u managed to be one of the first batch to enter. This is one of the better ramen in Tokyo I've tasted so far.

I couldn't resist not ordering the rice bowls. The negi miso bowl (350 yen) I had was a flavour bomb --need to mix it evenly with the rice otherwise it can be quite salty. 

Iruca Tokyo
4 Chome-12-12 Roppongi, Minato City, Tokyo 106-0032, Japan
Mon-Sat 11am-7.50pm 
Sun 11am-2.50pm 
(do check Google Map for the latest operating hours) 

Comments