立食い寿司 根室花まる :Hokkaido's Nemuro Hanamaru Opens 1st Standing Bar Sushi in Tokyo

 I always prefer standing bar sushi to fine-dining restaurants because of the wallet friendly prices and faster turnover rates. Also, I can order as little or as much as I want without worrying about overeating. 

With the recent opening of Tokyu Plaza Ginza, I decided to check out the standing sushi bar by Hokkaido sushi-ya Nemuro Hanamaru because I've had good experience at its Kitte Tokyo outlet and wanted to satisfy quick sushi cravings. 


In fact, this is the group's first standing sushi bar, which means you can't find this even in Hokkaido. Prices start from 100 yen for an Aburi Saba to 330 yen for Uni or Unagi sushi; slightly higher than those hole-in-the-wall standing sushi bars near train stations but the seafood is fresh and the quality is consistently excellent across the board. The brightly lit spaces may also provide a greater sense of assurance especially for first-timers or foreigners. 

Written on the wall are some of the seasonal or daily specials such as Crab Miso Soup. On my visit, I had the daily special of 厚切りうなぎ寿司, a thick and fatty piece of unagi glazed in sweet kabayaki sauce.

I'm not a professional gourmand when it comes to sushi so I'm pretty satisfied with my meal here. At least I don't have to brave the long queues at its seating restaurant on 10F of Tokyu Plaza Ginza or the Kitte outlet. I highly recommend you to order as you go but do note that the menu is all in Japanese. 

Click here to read my visit at Nemuro Hanamaru Sushi Restaurant @KITTE Tokyo

Nemuro Hanamaru Standing Sushi Bar 立食い寿司 根室花まる
Tokyu Plaza Ginza B2F 
Chuo-Ku Ginza 5-2-1, Tokyo 104-0061 
11am-11pm daily (L.O. 10pm)
http://ginza.tokyu-plaza.com/shop/detail_514.html

Comments