Maison Kayser Singapore: Classics Reinvented

Yogurt soft serve or whatever Bingsu won't get me excited as much as the classic pastries. 

I have a "bad" habit of peeping at pastries whenever I walked past a boulangerie or a patisserie, just to see if there is any new creations. So by luck or by fate, I spotted some new cakes from Maison Kayser and they looked so promising that I could not walk away without buying them to try.

ALL were fantastic and the pastries, on the average, fared much better than my previous visit. This is especially true when it comes to THAT Royal Chocolate (Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Mousse, Crunchy Feuilettine). Crisp yet smooth and fine, it is the perfect one that would beat Pierre Herme's Plasir Sucre and Four Leaves' Classic Chocolate.

And I was not the only one who thinks these are good. For the first time, both Pretty Mum and Little Sis raved so much after tasting them as well. 

Need I say more?
Must Try : Royal Chocolate (Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Mousse, Crunchy Feuilettine) $7.30
Must Try: Paris Brest (Praline & Hazelnut Cream) $6.60
The choux is a far cry from the lackluster Ispahan previously
Exotic : Passionfruit Mango and Coconut Sponge $7.30 
Apricot and Pistachio Tart ($6.30)
I can't find much pistachio here but one can tell the prowess of Maison Kayser in the league of tarts as the base is solid

Maison Kayser Singapore
501 Orchard Road, B2-01, Wheelock Place, Singapore 238880
Hours: 8am-10pm daily
Other outlets: GrandStand and Scotts Square

Comments