Soi 19 Thai Wanton Mee Ang Mo Kio

People have always been asking me whether I have tried Soi 19 Thai Wanton Mee since it is right in my hood and even within walking distance. And so I braved the crowd and possibility of long-waiting time and head there on a busy Sunday (prior to that confirming that the stall opens through their facebook)
10.50am Started queuing 11.45am At the front of waiting line. Not too long, considering the fact that I can skip the transport time. I have no idea what's a good authentic Thai-style wanton Mee ( eavesdropped on the next table and learnt that it was like Koko Mee) 
NO CHILLI, but there is your Pizza Hut Chilli flakes (add it in, you won't regret). NO GRAVY, but the seasoning is sufficient already (bottle of fish sauce on standby at the counter) FREE FLOW of PORK LARD which I decided not to take advantage of since there were more than enough of that crispy wickedly fragrant bits in my $4-bowl. 
If you prefer those saucy or moist version, this might not be your kind of wanton Mee. And neither will it transport you to the sweet, sour spicy Thai paradise. It's simple and aromatic. Thankfully there were juicy meaty wantons in the soup to counteract the dryness in the bowl. Yes, the noodles clumped together, but I can always separate it with my chopsticks. 

Regular $3.50
Medium $4 + noodles
Large $5 + noodles + Chinese sausage. 

Soi 19 Thai Wanton Mee (十九街雲吞麵)
Blk 151, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, Coffee Shop
 7.30am to 3pm ( open irregularly) 

Comments

  1. wa the queue is still so long! thought the hype would have die down liao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yeah lor. need to pick the right time to go. maybe next time im going to try dabao :D

      Delete

Post a Comment