Brothers Rojak @ Clementi Ave 3



It's a shame that I hadn't tried out this Rojak throughout my schooling years in Clementi. But it's never too late to do so. 

Brothers Rojak has been run singlehandedly by this uncle who never stops his hands at cutting and mixing the ingredients for the long queue of customers waiting to get his rojak. His working space is cramped, fitted with a small fan to improve the ventilation and provide some form of respite. 

What I loved most about his rojak is the sauce which is bright and zesty, due perhaps to the addition of lime. Despite watching him tossing several spoonfuls of sugar into the big mixing bowl, the rojak did not turned out too sweet, though I wish he had grilled the tau pok and Yu tiao beforehand. If you choose to takeaway, the uncle will separate the ingredients and the sauce to prevent sogginess. Such is a thoughtful and convenient move which I think more rojak stalls should introduce. 

And I can't wait to "dabao" some back for my parents next time and hear what they say about the rojak.


Brothers Rojak
Blk 449 Clementi Avenue 3 #01-211 Singapore 120449
Opening Hours:
Mon-Sat: 11am - 930pm
(Closed on Sun)

Comments