Awfully Chocolate

Since 1998, Awfully Chocolate has brought all things chocolate to Singaporeans and so I think it needs no further introduction. From selling only three types of dark chocolate cake, it has expanded its menu to various kinds of desserts and cakes. Here are some of the items that were on sales since August 2012. 
I don't know what is the secret cold-poach method used for this Cold poached chocolate $6.00 but it is simply a velvety semi-solidified chocolate ganache. It was my favourite out of the rest, because it was just pure chocolate goodness without any obstructions in the mouth.
The saltiness of the Salted Butterscotch Blondie Brownie $6.90 did not strike out as much as I would have thought. But the delectable fudgy, chewy texture after microwaving makes it one of the earliest cake to be wiped off the plate.
On the other hand, the bulky Hazelnut Crumble with a cookie base $6.90 is not something that you will like on the first bite, but the bittersweet taste gradually crawled in. What I like most is the top crumble layer, which was why I bought it initially. But apart from that, I would still pick the Butterscotch Blondie.
The White Chocolate Creme Brûlée ($6.90) which was served in a ramekin dish, is now in a the form of tart like their Chocolate Tart. But ooh...this would be one of the sweetest dessert I would remember for life. So sweet that I would avoid at all cost the next time.
The White Chocolate Butterscotch Block ($6.50) is not something new on the menu but I wanted to recall its taste. This is fairly good one when you have it with the dense brownies because the light fluffy texture of Swiss roll sponge and the sweet-salty butterscotch cream helps to balance the richness of the latter. But the white chocolate layer tasted more like buttercream instead of fresh cream which I would prefer.  And surprisingly, after having ALL these except the Creme brûlée in one sitting, I was not hit with any chocolate concussion as my previous visit for Fullerton Chocolate Buffet. 
Hope that when I return there will be new items to try too!


Awfully Chocolate
4 Jalan Kuras Sembawang Hills Estate

Singapore 577723
6451 7104

Open 10am - 10pm daily
Various outlets in Sg
http://www.awfullychocolate.com
                                              ***Join me on facebook for latest updates***

Comments

  1. how are you still blogging about Singapore stuff. you must have some serious backlog girl.. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yeps...you're right! i'm trying to clear as much as I can before 31st Dec 2013 :S but the problem has not really improved with accumulating posts from Japan. can only take one step at a time now.

      Delete

Post a Comment