Friday, February 3, 2017

Umezono Chabo うめぞの茶房: Traditional Wagashi Reinvented in Kyoto 京都最新甜点茶房,吃出不一样的和菓子

Umezono Chabo is the latest concept by Umezono which also owns Umezono Cafe & Gallery that seeks to inject a new lease of life into yokan (bean paste jelly). It's one of the traditional Wagashi which I avoid at all costs because it tends to be too sweet and cloying. It's not even a jelly to me because it's so firm, just like eating a block of bean paste shaped in typically a square or rectangle.
I picked the lemon because I thought I wanted something perky and sour. Yes, the acidity hit the bulls-eye but the sugar was way off. Imagine how much sugar it must have contained if I still find it sweet amidst the sourishness. On the other hand, the Matcha turned out to be the one that I prefer because the matcha taste was very pronounced 

Even though the sweets have moved with times, the ordering rules here are still stuck in God-know-where. Hmpf......a drink order is a must regardless whether you are ordering any of the main sweet. It still sounds quite ridiculous even now although I understand their considerations for business operations. But that's the way it is.

Umezono Chabo うめぞの茶房
〒603-8223 京都府京都市北区
紫野東藤ノ森町11−1
1130-1900 (takeout ok)



1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...