Cakes from Flour PowerDo you know that there are many F&B social enterprises in Singapore that champion different causes such as providing job and training opportunities to ex-convicts or youth-at-risks? In short, these social enterprises develop innovative and sustainable business models to support social good.
Soon Huat Bak Kut TehThis August, enjoy specially-curated meals and discounts at local social enterprise eateries participating in DineForGood, a month-long promotion organised by the Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise (raiSE) to increase awareness and patronage of F&B social enterprises in Singapore.
Here are the social enterprises participating in DineForGood and offering month-long promotions:
• Pamper yourself with a complimentary glass of wine with any steak purchase at Bliss Restaurant & Café at Chengsan Community Club. Enjoy 50% off all beverages when you dine at their Academia @ SGH outlet.
• Satisfy your dessert cravings with a 1-for-1 offer on Eighteen Chefs’ Black Beauty — a sinful, chocolate brownie topped with two generous scoops of ice cream. Offer available only at the Bedok Mall outlet.
• Drop by Flour Power’s bakery and enjoy a 10% discount off their freshly baked in-store cakes.
• Indulge in hearty and affordable French cuisine at Garçons at The Pinnacle, including their signature 12-hour crispy pork belly, with a whopping 10% off all main courses.
• Treat your taste buds to many must-try local delights at New Rasa Singapura by Tanglin
Hawker Initiative. Spend $50 in one receipt and receive a voucher of $10 to be used during the next visit.
• Feast on any one of Professor Brawn’s main dishes, such as their popular Black Miso Cod Fish, and get a free ice cream add-on to complete your meal.
• Enjoy 10% off Soon Huat Bak Kut Teh’s signature Dry Bak Kut Teh at Timbre+.
• Satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious 10% off all cupcakes at the Ugly Cake Shop café. This offer extends to all in-store purchases of available flavours. Offer not valid with 6 piece boxes.
To redeem the above promotions, download the relevant coupons from: www.festivalforgood.sg. These will need to be presented at the point of purchase.
This project is part of the FestivalForGood, Singapore’s first-ever festival celebrating social enterprises, which takes place from 20-21 August 2016. August. This festival gathers over 40 social enterprises and promises a weekend of fun-filled activities for all ages including a pop-up market, workshops, live performances and learning journeys to social enterprises.
On 20 August 2016, Timbre+ chefs and social enterprise Edible Garden City will collaborate to serve up a range of unique dishes featuring carefully cultivated produce from local farms. Food lovers will get to support local food production by feasting on the following dishes crafted exclusively for the festival:
• Grilled Ribeye Beef with Ulam Rajah, Spinach, Tomatoes and Soy Ginger Vinaigrette, prepared by Chef Deming of Kush
• Black Miso Tuna, Japanese Corn Purée, French Bean Niçoise, Pea Shoots, Basil Flower and Ginger-Shoyu Vinaigrette, prepared by Chef Enoch of Garçons
• Lime Leaf Chicken, Savoury Mixed Grains, Cauliflower Purée, Asian Slaw, Sesame Chilli Dressed Mizuna and Amaranth, prepared by Chef Jeremy of Dusk
As a limited number of plates will be available, you are encouraged to pre-order these dishes and enjoy $2 off each dish at: http://ediblegardencityxtimbre.peatix.com.
As we aim towards becoming a more inclusive society, let us do our part to support our F&B social enterprises. For more news on DineForGood and FestivalForGood, visit: www.festivalforgood.sg.
Photo Credits: Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise (raiSE). Visit : https://www.raise.sg/ to read more about this organization